Headquarters, Foreign Mission Board of the Southern Baptist Convention, Organized 1845 [no title]
The Southern Baptist Convention established its Foreign Mission Board in 1845 and designated Richmond, Virginia, as the headquarters city. The board occupied various quarters until 1943. With the gift of George W. Bottoms, a Baptist layman of Texarkana, Arkansas, it purchased the John T. Wilson property at 2037 Monument Avenue. This building, to be enlarged as needed, housed the international agency of 25,000 Baptist Churches in the southern regions of the United States.
Richmond News Company
No published or copyright date listed on postcard.