Situated at the southern extremity of 3rd and 4th street, Gamble's Hill Park, though limited in area, commands a magnificent panoramic view of the falls of the James River and the surrounding countryside. Winding the foot of the hill is the old James River and Kanawha Canal, the tow path of which being now occupied by a division of the C & O Ry. The stone cross appearing in this view was erected to commemorate the first visit of white men to [the] present site of Richmond, in 1607 when Capt. John Smith and party ascended the river as far as the falls.
Louis Kaufmann & Sons, Baltimore, MD.
No published or copyright date listed on postcard.