'White House of the Confederacy' (Twelfth and Clay Streets), Richmond, Va.
Formerly a private residence, it was purchased in 1862 by the City of Richmond for the use of the Confederate Government and was occupied during the war by President Davis and his family. It is now a Confederate Museum, each of the 13 Confederate States having in it a memorial room. In front of the mansion is the propeller shaft of the 'Merrimac' whose engagement with the 'Monitor' revolutionized naval warfare the world over.
Gray Line Motor Tours, Richmond, Va.
No published or copyright date listed on postcard.
This postcard is part of a fold out set of postcards entitled 'Souvenir of Richmond, Va.' dating from the 1920s.