Home of Chief Justice Marshall (9th and Marshall Street), Richmond, Va.
One of the most interesting landmarks in the City is the old Marshall home, built by the great Chief Justice and occupied by him from 1795 until his death in 1835. Tho' [sic] the spacious grounds which once surrounded this old Colonial residence have been greatly reduced in area, the building itself retains its original appearance. In 1913 it was acquired by the Assn. For Preservation of Va. Antiquities as the permanent home of this organization. No more venerable and historical relic, of such general interest to all Americans is to be found in the South. Occupying a part of the same square is Richmond's splendid new high school.
Louis Kaufmann & Sons, Baltimore, MD.
No published or copyright date listed on postcard.