View from Gambles Hill Park. The original buildings erected on this site were burned to the ground in 1829, the convicts being rescued with great difficulty. At the evacuation its doors were opened and all its inmates liberated. The present buildings and grounds embrace an area of 16 acres and it confines about 1700 prisoners. Extensive work shops are contained within its walls; the shoe shop turning out about 6000 pairs of shoes per day. All condemned malefactors are here electrocuted.
Louis Kaufmann & Sons, Baltimore, MD.
No published or copyright date listed on postcard.