Purchased in 1862 by citizens of Richmond for the confederate Government, was occupied during the war by President Davis and his family. It was visited by President Abraham Lincoln a few days after the evacuation; now a Confederate Museum, each of the thirteen Confederate States having in it a memorial room. In front of the mansion is the propeller shaft of the 'Merrimac,' whose famous engagement with the 'Monitor' revolutionized naval warfare.
E.C. Kropp Co., Milwaukee
No published or copyright date listed on postcard.