This institution, the oldest and largest of its kind under the government of the Southern Presbyterian Church, was founded in 1812 by the Synod of Virginia. In 1898 it was located at Hampton-Sidney College when it was moved to its present site, consisting of eleven acres donated by Major Lewis Ginter, situated about three miles North of the City of Richmond. In this view is shown 'Watts' Hall, the main or administration building.
Southern Bargain House, Richmond, Va.
No published or copyright date listed on postcard.
3400 block of Brook Road; Beautiful and Historical Richmond, Va. Series, No. 32;