University of Virginia, Richmond, Va. [University of Richmond]
University of Richmond -- Founded in 1832, for the first eighty years of its history the University of Richmond was known as 'Richmond College.' In 1920, its charter was amended and its present name adopted. Its grounds now embrace an area of nearly 300 acres about three miles west of the city, and possesses many features of great natural beauty. It is organized on the English system, and has a faculty of 60 members and an attendance (in 1926) of nearly 1,250 students. Since 1903 Frederick W. Boatwright, L.L.D. has been its President, and under his able administration the institution has shown remarkable growth and development.
Gray Line Motor Tours, Richmond, Va.
No published or copyright date listed on postcard.
This postcard is part of a fold out set of postcards entitled 'Souvenir of Richmond, Va.' dating from the 1920s.