Second Baptist Church, Adams & Franklin Sts., Richmond, Va.
This widely known church was organized on the 5th of May, 1820, and for the first [few] years of its history, occupied rented rooms on the 2nd story of a building then standing at the N.W. cor. of 11th and Main Sts. The congregation then moved into the building it had erected on the E. side of 11th St., between Main & Cary ?and in Jan. 1842 the famous church building (since demolished) at the cor. Of 6th & Main Sts. Was dedicated and subsequently occupied for a continuous period of 64 years. In Feb. 1906 the splendid edifice shown in this view was dedicated, the dedication sermon being preached by Dr. W. W. Landrum, a former pastor. In design and proportions this handsome building eloquently portrays this classical beauty of the Corinthian order of architecture.
Southern Bargain House, Richmond, Va.
No published or copyright date listed on postcard.
00 block of West Franklin Street; Beautiful and Historical Richmond, Va. Series No. 68;