Richmond (Va.). Dept. of Planning and Community Development
Original Description (From Book)
This is an Italianate double house which has been converted into a hotel. The cornice has been modernized, but the cast iron porch is notably well-preserved. The building has been painted a light color. It was owned in 1876 by Mr. A. D. Predfred.
Original Note (From Book)
The Two Hundred Block of East Clay Street contains several exceptionally interesting houses which are unlike any others in Jackson Ward.
Date of Construction
Type of Building
double houses; hotels (public accommodations)
Italianate (North American architecture styles)
cornices; ironwork; porches
Mr. A.D. Predfred
Historic buildings -- Virginia -- Richmond -- Pictorial works; Architecture -- Virginia -- Richmond -- Pictorial works; Architecture, Domestic -- Virginia -- Richmond -- Pictorial works; Richmond (Va.) -- History -- Pictorial works; Richmond (Va.) -- Buildings, structures, etc. -- Pictorial works; Jackson Ward Historic District (Richmond, Va.) -- Buildings, structures, etc. -- Pictorial works