McGuire General Hospital -- Located in Chesterfield County, 1/2 mile south of Richmond, Virginia, consists of 70 brick and masonry buildings. Construction was begun in August, 1943 and received its first patients in July, 1944. Named in honor of Dr. Hunter Holmes McGuire, famous Civil War surgeon, it contains 1,784 beds and is used by the U.S. Army as the evacuation center for overseas wounded until they can be transferred to Army Hospitals nearer their homes.
Richmond News Company
No published or copyright date listed on postcard.