This venerable though unsightly structure was erected in 1824; its belfry (now untenanted) being used to summon loitering members of the Legislature during its sessions, and also to give warning of fires in the City. In the lower floors a guard-house and armory were maintained. During the war its tocsin frequently sounded 'alarms' upon the near approach of the enemy.
Louis Kaufmann & Sons, Baltimore, MD.
No published or copyright date listed on postcard.