Richmond (Va.). Dept. of Planning and Community Development
Original Description (From Book)
c. 1847, altered c.1900 and later. This house originally looked like its Greek Revival neighbors but has been repeatedly altered, first by the addition of a mansard roof and later by its conversion into a restaurant. The house retains a great deal of character, and it was owned in 1876 by Mr. J. M. Gregory.
Original Note (From Book)
The 00 Block of West Clay Street contains the finest collection of stepped gabled Greek Revival houses in the City. It was originally owned by Addolph Dill, a prosperous baker. Dill began the development of this street as a high quality residential area, a character which has largely been maintained.
Date of Construction
Type of Building
single-family dwellings; restaurants
Mr. J.M. Gregory; Addolph Dill
Historic buildings -- Virginia -- Richmond -- Pictorial works; Architecture -- Virginia -- Richmond -- Pictorial works; Architecture, Domestic -- Virginia -- Richmond -- Pictorial works; Richmond (Va.) -- History -- Pictorial works; Richmond (Va.) -- Buildings, structures, etc. -- Pictorial works; Jackson Ward Historic District (Richmond, Va.) -- Buildings, structures, etc. -- Pictorial works